Industrial Maintenance Technician
Our pay rates are above industry standard and based upon experience
Looking for someone with 3-5 years experience
Position Objectives: To successfully diagnose and repair machines and electrical problems to reduce “down time”, in a safe manner.
• Supervision Received and Given: Reports to Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Project Supervisor and Die Cast Supervisor.
• Type & Level of Contact with Others: Position works with all levels Production Castings personnel.
• Proprietary Data Exposure: During day-to-day operations, this position has exposure to maintenance request forms and maintenance manuals.
• Mental and Visual Demands: Requires a positive mental attitude and the ability to perform in a fast paced environment. Must remain alert throughout the entire shift.
• Physical Demands & Environmental Exposures: Remain on feet continuously for entire shift. Work in extreme variations of temperature throughout the year. Work extended periods of overtime with little or no notice. Handle boxes weighing up to 100 pounds.
High School Diploma or GED
Background and Previous Experience Required (duration & type of exp.) 3 or more years of related experience or 2 year technical college education.
Forklift, Pallet Jack, Boom Lift, Scissor Lift certification by Production Castings.
Duties and Responsibilities: Can perform all Level 1 tasks. Must have full set of tools. Read electrical drawings and wire/troubleshoot according to drawings, check electric motors for failure in windings, high amperage, etc., repair/replace components on printed circuit boards, move inputs and outputs to different addresses in PLC programming. Read hydraulic and pneumatic drawings and troubleshoot according to drawings, repair hydraulic piston and vane pumps by correctly checking all tolerances of components internally and replacing what is necessary, repair hydraulic cylinders and accumulators. Perform light fabrication, arc welding, brazing, and cutting torch. Housekeeping, safety rules and lockout/tagout procedures must be followed.